Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dress up your corkboard

Little by little I have been organizing and decorating my craft room and its coming out really nice! I am looking for inexpensive ways to decorate my room. All my projects have been easily less than $5.

The other day my husband and I went to Savers in search of items to use in my craft room. My husband found this old and simple cork board and bought it for me. Its a good size cork board, but poor thing it needed a huge makeover!

So with a little help of fabric, ribbon, glue gun , i love you glue gun :) ..... and buttons, it went from this.......


to this.......... What do you think? Pretty isn't it??


Here is a tutorial of how simple it is to make this project.

I bought this beautiful fabric at Hobby Lobby. I love scrolls if you can tell!



I measured the board and cut the fabric. Make sure you leave an extra 2 inches to staple the fabric.


Staple the fabric all the way around.



I looked for some buttons and flowers to dress up the cork board a little more.


I used buttons, and glass beads to make push pins. So easy... and so cute...


and wah-laaaahhh.. you have a beautiful, elegant flirty corkboard! The brown ribbon was a little extra to keep my push pins there. Its easier to see them and they dress up the board really cute! What do you think? Cute?? Go ahead, I dare you to make one! Its so simple! :)




Project Price:

Cork board $1.99
Fabric $3
Embellishment $1
Making your room pretty, PRICELESS


Much Love,

6 comments:

  1. Very much improved! I can't wait until we move and I can REALLY do stuff like this to decorate my studio! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw you on Kimberely's blog and had to stop by. I love this corkboard! I'm going to have to decorate one for the kitchen. This is so cute and whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHH your a girl after my own heart. I LOVE garage sales! Love what you did with the cork board! Im going to have to make one for my school room. I also love the desk organizier you painted brown. Im looking for something like that. I'll need to keep my eyes open while yard saleing. Thanks so much for the great tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's too much fun. :o) I think my girls' room needs one of these.

    I especially love the ribbon parking lot for the pins. It's clever, and really makes the whole thing beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. Great idea. It is simple to make but looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I entered one of theese in a contest and got a blue ribbon! Your site is so pretty.
    I am www.lac998.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete