Monday, January 19, 2009

Inexpensive Organizing Ideas





I'm joining Thrifty Decor Chick Sarah's Organizing Party!

For the past few days, I have been working organizing and finish decorating my craft room. Its going well. I need to finish painting first before I do anything else. Half the room is painted beige, the other half is painted a light brown. :) It looks funny!

Anyways, here are some simple solutions to organize. Enjoy!



I organize my clothes by color and clothing item.

I bought these baskets for $1 each at Home Depot. They had a lot for sale, and guess what, I bought a lot. :) I wanted them for my classroom, but I don't have one of my own yet! But now that I am married and have my own house I used them everywhere to organize. I use them in my laundry room, in my pantry and my closet.


This is a plate rack. I bought it at the 99 cent store. I had a lot of trouble storing my pot lids, I found the perfect solution. Works like a charm!

I actually made this earring organizer. I glued the pieces of wood together. Then I painted and decoupage. After that, I added the screen and ribbon. It turned out to be a cute little organizer!

I bought this organizer at a yard sale for only $1. It didn't look like this when I bought it. I had to clean it, paint it and add embellishment. I keep it next to my computer. It holds paper.

I just finished making this ribbon organizer yesterday. Pictures coming soon of how I use it! :)

I bought these boxes at Ross. I think they were $3 each. Not bad. I usually put my glue sticks, staples for staple gun, buttons, erasers and many more things away in these. Its usually smaller things I need every day!

I bought this Rolodex file at a Thrift Store for $1.99
I dressed it up using scrapbook paper and stickers and it became my address organizer. So inexpensive, so cute so creative! :) Now I print the addresses on labels, and I just stick them where they belong!


This is my bill organizer. In on of the corners of the room I use it to pay bills, file mail etc... I made this bill organizer using clothespins, paper and stickers. I have numbers 1-31, one for each day of the month. If I have a bill I have to pay on the 15th of that month, I usually clip it under 15 clothespin. I have a baby shower on the 25th, so as you can see, I have the invitation clipped on the clothespin 25. Just a little extra I added! :) I also keep my envelopes on the wall. In the same box they came in, I dressed up the box using paper and stickers, and Wah-Lahhhh..

I bought this children's toy organizer at a yard sale for $5. I originally wanted the organizer for my classroom, but since I am still working as a substitute I use it in my house. I have a new project for this organizer. I don't like the colors too much. I would love for them to match my room colors. So plastic boxes, get ready for some spray painting! :) I will post pictures once I am done!


This is how I organize my acrylic paints. I bought this organizer at Michael's for $15. Its worked for me so far.

This is how I store my scrapbook paper. I bought this paper organizer at the Thrift Store for $1. I organize the paper by color. It works.

I use this box to store smaller items. I keep it in my closet.

I bought this plastic organizer at a yard sale. Bought it for only $2. I usually have my computer paper, cardstock and magazines in this organizer.

So, what do you think? Hope you liked this post. Please leave your comments! :)



4 comments:

  1. You have such great ideas! I love the earring & ribbon organizers. I think my favorite is your rolodex file. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your craft room is darling! I JUST yesterday finally moved my crafting stuff from the dining room to the office, so it's not nearly as pretty. Here's some pics on my blog:
    http://skinnerstudio.blogspot.com/2009/01/craft-space-make-over.html

    But oh, your room is so inspirational! I am going to use some of your ideas as I try to make my space a little more inviting...

    Thank you so much for sharing! Oh, I love that earring orgnaizer too - cute and functional, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love organizing and you have given me some great ideas. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love the Rolodex. and love love love the paper holder organizer next to your computer. My problem is i have to many ideas in my head and not sure which idea to use lol... Or i dont have the room for it even if it would be a great idea. No room, small place i am in. Bedroom is small.

    Dont have enough addresses and phone numbers to use a Rolodex.

    ReplyDelete