Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ribbon Organizer

Remember these items I bought at a yard sale?


Look what I turned it in to! Tadaaaaaaaaaa... A beautiful, funky cool looking organizer! I love how it turned out! :) Very happy with the result! Again as you know, I am in the process of decorating my craft room and the items I am creating are going to look wonderful in the room! Pictures of the final room coming soon!


This organizer I created can be used as a necklace or bracelet organizer, key holder, back pack or purse holder but I am going to use it as a ribbon organizer! Thats right, might sound kind of funny but it will work perfect! I will use ring binders to hang ribbon, and they will be color coordinated. I don't have any ring binders , so once I buy them I will post pictures! I love the color combination! I used some of my scrapbook paper I had. I use scrapbook paper for most of my crafts!
So what do you think? Have you created a ribbon organizer? Please post your ideas of how you organize your ribbon!


I will show you how easy it is to create this cute organizer!

1. Sand the sides of the wood.
2. Paint the sides using any color you like.
3. Measure and cute patterned scrapbook paper.


4. I like to use spray adhesive, but you can also use Mod Podge. Glue pieces of paper to wood.

5. Glue ribbon around the edge.
6. Play around moving the knobs around to see where you want to place them.

7. Mark where you want to drill the holes.
8. Using a drill, drill the holes in the wood. (My husband helped me with this part) :)

9. Add a saw tooth hook to the back and display!
Enjoy!
If you ever make an organizer just like this one, I would love to see it! Leave a comment and a link to your project!

You have a beautiful unique organizer!


Please share your ideas of how you organize your ribbon! Please leave your name and website url. Thanks!




8 comments:

  1. Found you through One Pretty Thing. This is real cute! I already have my ribbon the way I want it {I'll post my link in Mister Linky when I'm done commenting} but it'd be real cute for jewelry I think!

    I'll have to bookmark this page! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What a great idea, and really cute too. I am going to make one soon. THanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Thanks so much for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea so I posted it on my site TwoHeartsTogether! Thanks for creating such unique projects that are under $5!
    Here is the post where you site was featured:
    http://2heartstogether.blogspot.com/2009/01/jewelry-organizer.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you through Just a Girl's Friday Feature. Love this project! Pretty, functional and quick - how can you not love it!

    I'm a new follower! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. How creative! I love your blog and all your fabulous ideas! YAY, so glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute idea! I found your blog through Just a Girls Feature Friday post. I actually made a ribbon holder/organizer thing :) last night! I plan to write a post about it sometime next week. I will let you know when I do.

    ReplyDelete