Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ballerina Chair

Here is a new project I want to share with you! I found this chair at the thrift store and guess how much I paid?? Guess?? Only $1... Yes.. $1.. This is exactly the type of chair I was looking for to use in my craft room. Not the exact color or choice of fabric, but Ms. Crafty Diva over here transformed it into a beautiful ballerina chair. Here are the before pictures.



And here are the after pictures!!! Tadaaaaaaaaaa!! I love the way it turned out! It was simple, inexpensive and turned out beautiful!


Simple steps to transform any chair

1. Using a screwdriver, unscrew the chair pad.
2. Sand and paint the chair any color.
3. Cover the chair pad in your choice of fabric. Use a staple gun to staple the fabric.


4. I cut strips of tulle and stapled them before placing my chair pad.


5. Put chair pad and hold in place using screws.


There you go! I dare you to try this project! Really, its easy and the results are wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. You are so crafty! What a chair!! I would feel like such a princess sitting in it. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Martha!!! It turned out sooo pretty. And what a find too!!

    I plan to repaint my chair, to a light blue {like yours was before} but there is no cushion. So I make a cushion that looks built in, or just use a tie on cushion. I'll have to see!!

    LOVE IT! Can't wait to see your finished room. :o)

    ReplyDelete