Sunday, May 17, 2009

An Angel Watching Over Us

I dont think I have talked about my job lately. A little more than a month ago I got hired as a long term sub to work with students who are struggling with reading, writing and math. Well, two weeks ago they changed my schedule to work in a kindergarten classroom. I love working with kindergarten. The teacher had to leave for medical reasons. I never really talked to the teacher but I would say hi and bye kind of thing. Her class is the best! They are such good kids, they know the routines, the rules and are very respectful. Well sad news, very sad news. Yesterday, one of my friends informs me the teacher passed away in the morning. I just froze. I had goosebumps. I was sad. I cried. I didnt know what to think. It all happened in two weeks! How could this have happened? I am still in shock. She left 5 kids. I cant imagine what her family is going through right now. Its hard. Life changing.

This Wednesday will be the students graduation. I had planned to have one of the parents record everything and have the kids send a little love message for their teacher. I was even thinking making a huge banner. Now, it wont happen. I hope she knows her students love her and that her parents appreciate all she did. She was really a wonderful teacher. Last week, during centers, we did a banner that said "WE LOVE U". I did block letters and we had the students make their hand prints inside the letters. Then each student wrote their name on top of their hand print. It turned out really cute. She did get a chance to see what they did for her!

Tomorrow will be a different day.

3 comments:

  1. OMG how tragic! I am so sorry for that teacher and her family - those 5 kids she left behind! I can't imagine!

    On a lighter note, glad you were enjoying your time in the K room. That's my favorite grade to teach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear that. I will keep you all in my prayers. I am a sub too at elementary schools and that would be just terrible. It sounds like you are doing great things in there with those children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sad. I just cant imagine leaving behind my children.

    ReplyDelete