Monday, April 5, 2010

Charger Transformation - For the love of turquoise!

Good morning! Hope you had a great Easter Sunday! We sure did!
As you know, I'm in the process of adding more turquoise into my living room. I am challenging my self to decorate with things I all ready have. Today I share with you an easy project that makes a big change.
The power of spray paint is great! I love spray paint.
I've had this beautiful charger for over a year now. I bought it at Kirklands, one of my favorite stores. Its got to the point where its a little boring now. It needed a makeover! So it got one today!
First, I cleaned it well with a damp cloth.
Then, I spray painted a turquoise color. Spray light coats to get a better result.


Next, I watered down brown paint and used it as a glaze.
Wipe down paint after 10 seconds or so. Its a quick process.
After it dried, I used normal acrylic paint to bring out the 3-D embellishment.

This is the final result! I love it! Looks like a new charger! Its always a great idea to use things that you all ready have and give them new life! This project was free since I all ready had all the materials! Its looking great in my living room!
Thanks for visiting! Hope you enjoyed this easy tutorial!


8 comments:

  1. what a good idea!! I love the look! Way to go. I just love your blog that you for all the inspiring posts.
    Tif

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the power of spray paint! It brightens up the whole area. I love that you updated something that you already had! I love to do that too. I just updated and existing pillow with hot glue! I would love for you to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The turquoise looks great, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this re-do! Great job with the glaze, too!
    Turquoise--my favorite!
    Hugs, Lana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turquoise is HUGE this season!
    Great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turquoise is indeed the new color this year. Love what you done! Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi martha, nice blog & good post. overall You have beautifully maintained it, you must try this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

    ReplyDelete